You want to drink more water every day, but you don't know how? Here are 5 tips that will get you gulping water down, and actually enjoying it! Also, bonus tips to spruce things up to make water drinking something that you actually look forward to doing!
How much water should you actually be drinking every day? Well, that depends. It depends on your activity level, your weight, how much food you eat every day.
To know if you're drinking enough water a day, just check the color of your pee. It's that simple. You want your pee to be almost the color of clear water. If it's not clear, that means you're dehydrated. So drink up!
You can also use this calculator to help you determine how much water you should be drinking.
Question of the Day: How much water do you drink daily? Comment below.
This video will show you practical ways to incorporate water drinking into your every day life regardless of what kind of schedule you have.
In a nutshell, I discuss:
1. The best type of container to drink from
2. Where to drink water
3. Points of your daily schedule to drink water
1. Get a reusable water bottle. It's better and more reliable than just a cup. I personally prefer ones with straws because they actually get me drinking the water a lot faster than when you have to go put down.
This is mine! I love it. I love the color. I love that the handle flips up and down. It makes it very easy to open and to sip through. This is 2 litres, but they come in different sizes. Pick yours based on how much water you need to drink every day, but make sure it's something that you actually like to use and you're proud to have with you. And that takes me to the next tip.
2. Take your bottle everywhere you go. Except for the restroom. That way, whenever you remember to drink water, whenever you're thirsty, you just make it so much easier for yourself because the bottle is right there beside you. You don't have the excuse of being too lazy to go get it. Because guess what? It's right beside you.
3. Drink water first then in the morning. Have a bottle beside you at night before you go to bed and try to drink at least 500 ml to a liter. Drinking water first thing in the morning gets things going and wakes you up. You've been asleep for the past 6-8 hours. So you're actually dehydrated and you need to get that water in ASAP.
4. You probably eat every day. I hope you do! Drink water before you have your meal. Apart from making sure that you get the amount of what are you need in a day, drinking water actually helps you feel full.
So if you're maybe trying to maintain your weight or you're on a weight-loss journey, it actually helps to curb that appetite a little bit. And of course, when you're done eating, just grab the bottle again, drink up some more.
5. An hour before you go to bed, do a quick audit of how much are they you've actually had that day. Whatever the gap is, guzzle it down. You want to give yourself enough time to go pee that out. You don't want to be waking up in the middle of the night, disrupting your sleep patterns.